President, Business Transition Counsel Inc.
Ian R. Campbell is:
- a graduate of the University of Western Ontario’s Ivey Business School.
- a Fellow of both the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario and the Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators.
- is the author of:
- several business valuation texts, including The Valuation of Business Interests (2001).
- the business transition text 50 Hurdles, Business Transition Simplified (2015).
- the bi-weekly newsletter Business Transition and Valuation Review.
- is a past director of several publicly and privately held corporations.
In 1972 he founded, and for four years managed, the business valuation practice of what today is one of Canada’s largest public accounting firms.
In 1976 he founded, and until 2004 managed Campbell Valuation Partners Limited, one of Canada’s foremost independent business valuation consultancies.
Beginning in 1969 he:
- advised hundreds of Canadian business owners and their professional advisors with respect to business valuation – some of whom engaged him to advise them on business transition planning, and others of whom engaged him to advise them on the sale of their businesses.
- testified in business valuation matters before Canadian courts, Commissions and tribunals in appraisal/oppression remedy shareholder dispute matters, in income tax cases, and in cases dealing with Canadian securities law.
- Interacted with, and rendered business valuation and transition advice to, a large cross-section of family (and non-family) business owners who have successfully transitioned their businesses through two or more generations
The Canadian Institute of Chartered Business Valuators recognizes his contribution to the Canadian business valuation profession through its annual funding of the Ian R. Campbell Research Initiative.
You can reach him by email at email@example.com, or by telephone at 905 274 0610.